• 3R Development: $7,500 to help finance Masterminds Chess Club travel and fees for two tournaments.
• Art Central Foundation: $7,000 for a free art workshop for children who have an interest in visual arts but lack the financial resources.
• St Vincent DePaul: $6,000 to provide community outreach for people in need.
• Butler County Educational Service Center: $5,000 for a pilot program to provide development of three teaching units for grades four and five targeted elementary schools within Middletown City Schools.
• Girl Scouts of Western Ohio: $5,500 to provide financial assistance for girls to participate in local troop activities, local programs and outdoor camping.
• American Red Cross: $5,100 to provide fire disaster relief services, community outreach/smoke alarm installation, young engagement and public relations outreach in the Middletown area.
• Middletown Area Neediest Youth (MANY): $2,000 to provide clothing to students.
• Dan Beard Council, Boy Scouts of America: $1,500 for afterschool Cub program.
• Franklin City Schools: $1,000 for STEM program.
• Madison Jr/Sr High School: $1,000 for rocketry program for 8th grade STEM.
• Hope House Rescue Mission, Inc.: $1,000 for food and other supplies for the homeless.
The next grant application deadlines are March 1 for the arts, recreation, community development and festivals and June 1 for human needs and quality education. Nonprofit organizations, churches (for non-religious purposes), governmental bodies and schools in Middletown, Monroe, Trenton, Franklin, Madison Twp. or Lemon Twp. may apply.
Complete guidelines and application materials are available at mcfoundation.org.