Butler County Board of Elections Director Diane Noonan said while it’s important to register to vote, people need to actually cast their ballots on Election Day — which is Nov. 6 — or in the 28 days of early voting — which begins on Oct. 10.
“Voting matters,” she said. “In Ohio, we have had 199 contests been decided by one vote, or tied, since 2011.”
CLOSER LOOK: What is Issue 1 on Ohio’s ballot this fall?
There are multiple ways for people to register to vote. More than 38,000 Ohioans have registered to vote online since the program launched in January 2017. Ohioans can also register to vote at their local board of elections, or print a form at home and send it to their local board of elections office.
In Butler County, more than 253,100 people are registered to vote in November’s election. In Warren County, more than 159,200 people are registered to vote.
Voters in Butler County will decide the following races:
- 8th Congressional District, which incumbent Congressman Warren Davidson, R-Troy, is being challenged by Vanessa Enoch, a Democrat from West Chester Twp.
- 51st Ohio House District, which features Republican Sara Carruthers and Democrat Susan Vaughn, both from Hamilton
- 52nd Ohio House District, which incumbent Rep. George Lang, R-West Chester Twp., is being challenged by Kathy Wyenandt, a Democrat from Liberty Twp.
- 53rd Ohio House District, which incumbent Rep. Candice Keller, R-Middletown, is being challenged by Rebecca Howard, a Democrat from Reily Twp.
- Butler County Commission, which incumbent Commissioner Cindy Carpenter, a Republican from Oxford, is being challenged by Dora Bronston, a Democrat from Middletown.
Voters in Warren County will decide the following races:
- 1st Congressional District, which incumbent Congressman Steve Chabot, R-Cincinnati, is being challenged by Hamilton County Clerk of Courts Aftab Pureval, a Democrat from Cincinnati
- 7th Ohio Senate District, which incumbent Sen. Steve Wilson, R-Maineville, is being challenged by Sara Bitter, a Democrat from Symmes Twp.
- 54th Ohio House District, which incumbent Rep. Paul Zeltwanger, R-Mason, is being challenged by Nikki Foster, a Democrat from Mason
- 62nd Ohio House District, which incumbent Rep. Scott Lipps, R-Franklin, is being challenged by Jim Staton, a Democrat from Springboro
In-office voting at all Ohio boards of elections is available during the week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. beginning Oct. 10. Weekend in-office voting is from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Oct. 27 and Nov. 3, and 1 to 5 p.m. on Nov. 4. The last day of early voting is from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 5.
Election Day voting runs from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 6.