2 rescued from house fire in Middletown

Mother, adult son suffer from smoke inhalation, according to fire chief

A mother and her adult son were rescued Thursday morning from a house fire in the 2300 block of Christel Avenue, according to Middletown fire Chief Paul Lolli.

He said the fire department received a call about a house fire at 9:20 a.m. and firefighters saw heavy smoke coming from the residence. They were told two occupants were trapped inside.

The two people were pulled from the burning home and transported to Kettering Medical Center because of smoke inhalation, Lolli said.

No cause has been determined, the chief said.

Middletown was assisted by fire departments from Madison Twp., Monroe, Franklin and Trenton.

About the Author