Liberty Twp. historical society to release ornament

ajc.com
Caption
.

The Liberty Township Historical Society announced the release of its fifth in the series of Barker hand-painted ornaments. The newest release is of the Hughes Railroad Station. This building was situated on the Dayton Short Line railroad at Princeton Road as it appeared in 1911. This structure also housed a Western Union Telegraph Office and American Express Agency.

The inaugural ornament was of the Hughes School, one-room school building released in 2007. The second in the series is the original Liberty Township Hall and voting building built in 1894. This was released in 2009. Liberty Elementary School and the 1953 original fire pumper complete the series. These trinkets are available with either a string hanger or magnet back and have an explanation label on the back.

The two-dimensional ornaments are available for $10 each or $25 for any three or $45 for all five. The society also has framed 8½” x 11” Rules for Teachers-1872 plaque and Hughes School note cards.

For more information or to place an order, call 513-678-8346 or e-mail Ltfd81@aol.com.