Hamilton man dies after clothes catch fire in accident

A Hamilton man died after a fire at a home on Poplar Street.

Hamilton Police spokesperson Brian Ungerbuehler said Charles Needham, 51, was starting a fire in the back yard at a house in the 500 block of Poplar when his clothes caught fire. The fire was reported at 5:45 p.m. Wednesday, according to police.

Needham was transported to U.C. Medical Center, where he died on Thursday.

The fire is considered an accident, Ungerbuehler said.

About the Author