The university was also considered an “A+ school for B students” meaning UD accepted a number of non-A students while still being ranked among the top three quarters of its peer institutions, according to U.S. News.
Several factors helped UD achieve its rankings on the U.S. News list, said Robert Morse, chief data strategist at U.S. News.
» RELATED: Ohio State wants to prevent Oklahoma from trademarking block ‘O’ logo
“University of Dayton performed well in alumni giving rate and grad rate performance,” Morse said.
Here are the categories UD was ranked in.
• No. 53 in the best value category among national universities.
• No. 127 in the overall best national universities category. (two-way tie)
• No. 132 for best engineering schools with a doctoral program. (14-way tie)
• No. 172 for best overall undergraduate business programs. (27-way tie)
FIVE FAST READS
• Area college welcomes largest freshmen class in its history
• Turner calls Trump ‘shortsighted’ over cancelled pay raise for federal workers
• Wright-Patt active shooter scare remains unclear a month later
• Trump’s Space Force proposal could impact NASIC at Wright-Patt
• WATCH: Police body camera footage shows chaos at UD on St. Patrick’s Day
THANKS FOR READING
The Dayton Daily News is committed to bringing you independent, in-depth local stories. Help support our journalism by signing up for a print or digital subscription.