2. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
3. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (tie)
3. Texas Children’s Hospital (tie)
5. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
6. Children’s National Medical Center
7. Nationwide Children’s Hospital
8. UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
9. Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
10. Seattle Children’s Hospital
MORE: Cincinnati Children’s Liberty Campus finds success in suburbs
Cincinnati Children’s ranks among the top five pediatric hospitals in eight of 10 specialties: Gastroentrology/GI surgery care (3rd); Nephrology (3rd), Neurology & Neurosurgery (4th), Urology (4th), Diabetes & Endocrinology (5th), Pulmonology (4th), Orthopedics (4th), Neonatology (4th). It was rated sixth in both Cancer Care and Cardiology & Heart Surgery.
Cincinnati Children’s continues to rank at the top spot of all Ohio children’s hospitals. The only other Ohio pediatric hospital to earn a spot on U.S. News’ “honor roll” was Columbus’ Nationwide Children’s Hospital, which ranked No. 7.
According to U.S. News, the mission of the Best Children’s Hospitals rankings is to identify hospitals that provide the highest quality care for children with the most serious or complicated medical conditions.
MORE: Check out the full list of children’s hospital rankings