- Darian Edwards, shift commander, Colerain Twp. Fire Department
- Ralph Hammonds, Jr., former fire chief, Sharonville Fire Department
- Kerry Meyer, fire chief, St. Bernard Fire Department
- David Greve, fire district chief, Cincinnati Fire Department
- J. Anthony Lehman, firefighter/paramedic, Cincinnati Fire Department
- Edward Von Lehmden, deputy chief, North College Hill Fire Department
- Douglas Witsken, fire chief, Green Twp. Fire Department
- Ethan Klussman, battalion chief, Kettering Fire Department
- Scott Kujawa, deputy chief, Washington Twp. Fire Department
- Patrick Lemming, supervisor, Ohio Fire Academy (Reynoldsburg)
- Richard Fletcher, fire chief, Westfield Fire Department
- Dean Ortlieb, EMS and fire instructor, Tolles Career & Technical Center (Plain City)
- Russell Thompson, fire chief, Greenville Fire Department
- Joseph Warner, shift commander, Garfield Heights Fire Department
- Stephen Langstaff, various positions, Ohio Task Force
Out-of-state applicants are:
- Roger Boswell, Jr., fire captain, The Boeing Company Fire Department; Mount Vernon, Wash.
- Charles Cavarra, former fire chief; Garden City, N.Y.
- Kenneth Dobson, director of safety and security; School District of Lee County, Fla.
- Scott Lewis, division chief, Gresham Fire Department; Gresham, Ore.
- David Nichols, program manager, Moran Environmental Recovery LLC; Randolph, Mass.
- Robert Wood, battalion chief, Clay Fire Territory Fire Department; South Bend, Ind.
One applicant submitted a 10-page resume but didn’t include a name
MORE: Longtime Liberty Twp. fire chief to retire
Current Liberty Twp. Fire Chief Paul Stumpf announced his retirement after 45 years with the township last September, he gave the trustees a year to find his replacement. He has agreed to stay a little longer to get the new chief acclimated.
The trustees originally hired the Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association to find them a chief, but they were not happy with that search. Only 19 people submitted applications the first time around.
MORE: $12,000 search by Fire Chiefs’ Association leaves Liberty Twp. trustees empty handed