Land of Illusion’s second summer filled with Aqua Adventures is about to come to an end.
This Labor Day weekend is the final weekend of operation for the water park. The season will close Labor Day Monday.
WHAT TO EXPECT
If you’ve never been to Aqua Adventures, this is not your typical water park. What you’ll find at Land of Illusion is basically a gigantic inflatable playground immersed in water and surrounded by a sandy beach. New this year is a special area just for little kids.
Aqua Adventures features water slides, inflatable obstacles, patio seating, sand volleyball courts and a (real) sandy beach nestled on a bright blue reservoir. There is also the Aqua Lounge, offering full bar service for any guest 21 or older.
PRICING (AND HOW TO SAVE)
Single day tickets and season passes to the park will both be available. Adult tickets start at $16.99 ($18.99 on weekends) and children’s tickets are $12.99 ($15.99 on weekends). Season passes are $149.99 for adults and $124.99 for kids 10 or younger.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Life jackets must be worn at all times while on the Wibit or rental equipment
- Life jackets must be worn by all swimmers under 18 years of age – in all swimming areas
- Life jackets are provided for guests using the Wibit or Paddle Board
- You’re welcome to bring your own life jacket. It is a swim at your own risk facility, attendants are not lifeguards
- Every participant must sign a waiver. Everyone 18 and over must fill out their own waiver
- Participants under the age of 17 must have a parent or guardian signature
- No drones, selfie sticks, cameras or other electronic devices are permitted on the inflatables
- You’re welcome to bring your own folding seat
- Kids under 3 are free
- At the first lightning strike or the rumble of thunder, participants are required to exit the lake. Wibit course will reopen after 30 minutes from last thunder rumble
- There is no raincheck or reimbursement due to weather
- Water socks are allowed, but shoes are not permitted on the inflatables or paddle boards
- No pets are allowed
- 43” is the height requirement for obstacle courses and paddle boards
- No outside food or drink is permitted
- A military discount is offered. $4 will be taken off your ticket with a valid military ID.
Want to go?
WHAT: Aqua Adventures at Land of Illusion
WHERE: 8762 Thomas Road, Middletown
HOURS: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. over Labor Day weekend
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.