Three Butler County area colleges were ranked in a recent Money Magazine list as being one of the best bangs for your buck, but no Ohio colleges managed to crack the top 100.
The ranking considered 27 different data points, including educational quality, affordability and alumni success. Money Magazine considered 2,400 colleges and narrowed the list to 711.
Miami University ranked 243, Xavier University came in at 438, and the University of Cincinnati was rated 583. Ohio State University in Columbus was ranked 102 while the University of Dayton came in at 212.
Area universities ranked by Money Magazine
102. Ohio State University
212. University of Dayton
243. Miami University
362. Cedarville University
438. Xavier University
583. University of Cincinnati
655. Wittenberg University
Other Ohio universities ranked in the top 500
164. John Carroll University, University Heights
174. Case Western University, Cleveland
248. Denison University, Granville
320. Kenyon College, Gambier
344. Ohio Northern University, Ada
369. The College of Wooster, Wooster
386. Franciscan University of Steubenville, Steubenville
438. Mount Vernon University, Mount Vernon
472. Oberlin College, Oberlin
485. Malone University, Canton
488. Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware
497. Walsh University, North Canton
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.