* Independence Day Parade in Waynesville: noon July 2, in Waynesville, (513) 897-8855. Waynesville Fireworks 10 p.m. July 2, at Bicentennial Park, 659 Dayton Road, Waynesville, (513) 897-8855.
* Independence Day Parade and Fireworks: 4 p.m. July 3, parade travels through the middle of the historic downtown Lebanon area on Broadway. Free admission and free parking. (513) 228-2322. Fireworks 6 to 10 p.m. at Colonial Park West, 720 N. Broadway St., Lebanon, (513) 228-3110.
* Independence Day Celebration in Oxford with Penny carnival: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. July 3. Uptown Parks; pie baking contest 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. Uptown Parks; parade at 7 p.m. Uptown; entertainment and fireworks at 8:30 p.m. MU Ditmer Parking Lot. Fireworks begin at dark. Rain Date is July 4.
* Red, White and Kaboom: 6:30 to 11 p.m. July 3, at Village Green Park, 8 to 11 p.m. at Harbin Park and 8 to 11 p.m. at Fairfield Aquatic Center, (513) 867-5348.
* 5K Run for Liberty: registration 7 to 7:45 a.m., run at 8 a.m., walk at 8:01 a.m., July 4, at Lakota East High School stadium.
* Liberty Twp. Annual Parade: 10 a.m. July 4 from Lakota East High School, Wyandot Lane, Yankee Road to Liberty Park.
* Middletown Independence Day Parade Celebration: 10 a.m. July 4, in Downtown Middletown, Middletown. Includes parade starting at Lafayette Avenue and Verity Parkway and ending in Smith Park.
* Hamilton Fourth of July Parade: 10 a.m. July 4, begin at the Butler County Fairgrounds, then to Ohio 4, and then to High Street, and will conclude just past the Butler County Courthouse. A Taste of Hamilton also begins at 10 a.m. at the courthouse. Fireworks display will be at 10 p.m. over the Great Miami River near downtown Hamilton, (513) 863-1717.
* Light Up the Sky Fourth of July Festival and Parade: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. July 4, parade departing from Kroger and ending with an opening ceremony at the Monroe Community Park, 500 S. Main St. Free music entertainment will be headlined by the Rick House Band.
* Centerville-Washington Twp. Americana Festival: July 4, parade begins at 10 a.m. beginning on East Franklin Street at the High School, proceeding west to Cline Elementary School on Virginia Avenue. Musical entertainment begins at 8:30 p.m., followed by the Grand Finale Fireworks at 10 p.m. Enjoy synchronized music to the Fireworks Display on Fly 92.9 at 10 p.m. The rain date for the Fireworks Display is July 5 at 10 p.m., Centerville High School, 500 E. Franklin St., Centerville.
* Fourth of July Fireworks: 10 p.m. July 4, bring blankets and chairs, at Corwin M. Nixon Park, 6249 S. Mason Montgomery Road, Mason.