Other show highlights will be:
• Military Appreciation Days, Feb. 22-23, all with military ID will gain free entry, sponsored by the Dayton Area Toyota Dealers
• Back for a repeat, the Toyota Drive Center featuring different models for test-driving around downtown Dayton. Located at the main entrance on Fifth Street, the following vehicles may be available to drive, subject to change: the first-ever C-HR, the all-new Camry, RAV4 and Highlander.
• Also back for a repeat: FCA Drive Experience, featuring the Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Charger, Jeep Compass, Ram 1500 Crew and Fiat 500x
• Special entertainment attractions for kids, including animals from Wild Hearts African Farm and Petting Zoo, Matt the Balloon Guy and Face Doodles by Jen
DID YOU KNOW: Ohio flu hospitalizations this season top 7,000
• Dayton Dragons booth Feb. 24-25. Attendees can stop by for a chance to win a VIP Dayton Dragons prize pack that will include 4 stadium seats, pre-game tour, 4 Dragons hats and T-shirts. Heater and Gem will make several appearances Feb. 24-25 (time TBD).
• Correctly identifying makes and models of vehicles featured in various photos during a photo scavenger hunt will give attendees the chance to win a 55-inch Samsung UHD TV.
• Exhibit by Clean Fuels Ohio, a statewide nonprofit organization that improves air quality and health, reduces environmental pollution, and strengthens Ohio’s economy by helping businesses, governments, nonprofits and individuals transition to cleaner, domestic fuels and energy-saving vehicles
Show sponsors are the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun, Miami Valley Chevy Dealers and Dayton Area Toyota Dealers.
For more information, look for a special 2018 Dayton Auto Show tabloid inserted in the Feb. 18 Dayton Daily News and Springfield News-Sun.
FIVE FAST READS
• Gander Mountain stores to reopen under new name
• Walmart reportedly cutting more than 1,000 jobs
• German grocery chain Lidl halts plans to open local store
• Bitcoin prices are plunging. What's really going on with cryptocurrency?
• Grand opening date set for At Home store in Beavercreek
HOW TO GO TO THE 2018 DAYTON AUTO SHOW
WHAT: Dayton Auto Show
WHEN: Feb. 22-25
WHERE: Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St.
- Feb. 22, Noon-9 p.m.
- Feb. 23, Noon-9 p.m.
- Feb. 24, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Feb. 25, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
ADMISSION: $8 for adults at the door, $6 online at https://www.tix123.com/tix123/eTic.cfm?code=DAS18. Children ages 9 and younger are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
DISCOUNTS: Feb. 22-23 – Military Appreciation Day, all with military ID will gain free entry; Seniors, age 65-plus, $6 at door. Student discount with student ID, $6 at door
PARKING: Available in the Transportation Center garage, one block east of the Dayton Convention Center on Fifth and Jefferson streets. There is a covered skywalk on Level 1 that will bring you to the third floor at the Dayton Convention Center facility. Daily rates are $2/hour or part hour with a $6 maximum.
INFORMATION: DaytonAutoShow.com; Facebook: Facebook.com/DaytonAutoShow; Twitter: @DaytonAutoShow; Instagram: @DaytonAutoShow