The lists below represent the best companies for diversity, as rated by their employees on Comparably.com, and are listed in alphabetical order. Large companies are organizations with 500 or more employees. Small-to-medium companies are organizations with fewer than 500 employees.
1. Adobe, San Jose, Calif.
2. Amazon, Seattle, Wash.
3. Cornerstone OnDemand, Santa Monica, Calif.
4. Facebook, Menlo Park, Calif.
5. Forever 21, Los Angeles
6. GE Digital, San Ramon, Calif.
7. Globant, San Francisco
8. Google, Mountain View, Calif.
9. HubSpot, Cambridge, Mass.
10. Indeed, Austin, Texas
11. Intuit, Mountain View, Calif.
12. Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif.
13. LinkedIn, Mountain View, Calif.
14. Microsoft, Redmond, Wash.
15. Nike, Beaverton, Ore.
16. Nordstrom, Seattle
17. NVIDIA, Santa Clara, Calif.
18. Pinterest, San Francisco
19. Salesforce, San Francisco
20. Square, San Francisco
21. Starbucks, Seattle
22. T-Mobile, Bellevue, Wash.
23. TeleTech, Englewood, Colo.
24.Toys R Us, Wayne, N.J.
25. VMware, Palo Alto, Calif.
>> Christmas 2017: 11 gifts your kids will ask Santa for this season
The top small and mid-sized companies for diversity in 2017, according to Comparably.com, in alphabetical order:
1. Arimo, Mountain View, Calif.
2. BizMerlin, Vienna, Va.
3. BoldLeads, Chandler, Ariz.
4. Branch Metrics, Palo Alto, Calif.
5. Code.org, Seattle
6. Entelo, San Francisco
7. Envoy, San Francisco
8. Forte Group, Chicago
9. Fueled, New York
10. Help Scout, Boston
11. Leaf Group, Santa Monica, Calif.
12. Mobomo, Vienna, Va.
13. NetCentrics Corporation, Herndon, Va.
14. PagerDuty, San Francisco
15. Periscope Data, San Francisco
16. Pipedrive, New York
17. Redbooth, Palo Alto
18. RingDNA, San Francisco
19. SendGrid, Denver
20. SiteTraker, Palo Alto, Calif.
21. Swift Navigation, San Francisco
22. Thrive Market, Los Angeles
23. TripActions, Menlo Park, Calif.
24. UnifyCloud, Redmond, Wash.
25. XLA, Inc., Vienna, Va.
>> 5 items that are cheaper on Amazon
Comparably’s "Best Of" lists are derived from sentiment ratings provided by employees who anonymously rated their employers on Comparably.com during the 2017 eligibility period (1/1/17– 11/17/17). There were no fees or costs associated with participating, nor was nomination required.