Madison High School’s football team is headed to Greater Miami Conference country for Week 12.
The Mohawks (9-2) will meet Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (8-2) in a Division V, Region 20 semifinal at Lakota East on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
CHCA is the Miami Valley Conference Scarlet Division champion and on a seven-game winning streak.
The Eagles lost to Fenwick (35-27) and Wyoming (28-14) in the first three weeks of the season, but haven’t scored less than 40 points in a game since. They were off in Week 5 and started the postseason with a 47-24 win over Greeneview.
Madison also began the season 1-2. The Mohawks are riding an eight-game winning streak and rallied for a 14-10 victory over visiting Anna last Friday.
West Jefferson (11-0) plays Reading (8-3) at Xenia in Friday’s other Region 20 semifinal.
Here’s some additional information about the Division V playoffs:
• Madison is seeded second and 1-0 in one playoff appearance.
• CHCA is seeded third and 15-12 in 13 playoff appearances.
• West Jefferson is seeded fifth and 22-17 in 20 playoff appearances.
• Reading is seeded eighth and 9-9 in 10 playoff appearances.
• Region 17: No. 1 Canfield South Range (11-0) vs. No. 4 Akron Manchester (9-2) at Louisville, No. 7 Wickliffe (8-3) vs. No. 3 Sullivan Black River (10-1) at North Ridgeville
• Region 18: No. 1 Pemberville Eastwood (11-0) vs. No. 5 Tontogany Otsego (9-2) at Millbury Lake, No. 2 Marion Pleasant (9-1) vs. No. 3 Archbold (9-2) at Findlay
• Region 19: No. 1 Wheelersburg (11-0) vs. No. 5 Columbus Academy (9-2) at Chillicothe, No. 2 Portsmouth West (10-1) vs. No. 3 Johnstown-Monroe (9-2) at Chillicothe Zane Trace
FRIDAY GAME COVERAGE
DIVISION I, REGION 3
DIVISION I, REGION 4
DIVISION II, REGION 8
DIVISION III, REGION 12
DIVISION IV, REGION 16
DIVISION V, REGION 20
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.