Gold Star re-opened its Franklin location Saturday after major renovations, and the restaurant’s newly expanded menu now includes grilled-to-order burgers.
>> ALSO NEW TODAY: New Springboro-based food truck hits the streets of SW Ohio this week
The restaurant at 711 E. 2nd St. had shut down in early July for the significant makeover, which a Gold Star release said “melds the traditional Cincinnati chili-parlor experience and contemporary design into a comfortable, welcoming environment guests will love.”
Gold Star’s expanded menu includes:
- Grilled burgers prepared from 100% American beef. The burgers are seasoned with a spice mix and finished off with Gold Star’s secret “heavenly” sauce, an original recipe that dates back to the company’s roots as Hamburger Heaven restaurant in Mt. Washington, Gold Star officials said.
- Classic chicken sandwiches made with southern-style fried chicken breast, Gold Star heavenly sauce and pickles.
- Entrée salads prepared to order with mixed greens and topping combinations, including the Harvest Chicken Salad, BBQ Chicken Salad, and the Gold Star Chili Salad.
- Double-decker sandwiches made with toasted bread piled in two layers with thinly sliced deli meat and topped with American, Swiss or cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayonnaise.
- Loaded fries selections including classic Chili Cheese Fries, Bacon Cheddar Ranch Fries, Loaded Bacon Chili Cheese Fries and Garlic Parmesan Fries with a house-made garlic aioli.
- Milkshakes in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and special flavors including cookies & cream, hand-blended and topped with whipped cream.
A grand re-opening celebration is planned for late August, although the date has not yet been announced. That event will feature a free cheese coney with the purchase of any regular drink, a giveaway for free cheese coneys for a year, and other promotions.
Gold Star officials said the Franklin restaurant’s grand re-opening is one of many store openings and remodels planned for 2019. In the coming months, the company plans to remodel or complete new buildings in Wilmington, Ohio and Alexandria, Kentucky.
Cincinnati-based Gold Star operates more than 75 corporate- and franchise-owned locations in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and is developing new franchise opportunities in Greater Cincinnati, Dayton and Lexington, company officials said in a release. For more information on becoming a franchisee, visit http://www.goldstarchili.com/franchising/main.
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.