In July, Walmart plans to introduce an option to buy an entire room. There will initially be five collections available for dorm rooms, each featuring 20 of the items college students buy the most, according to Walmart.
PHOTOS: Historic Springboro luxury home for sale
“While we are launching these new features for dorm rooms and small space living, we know that they could have applications elsewhere and will continue to listen to customer feedback to determine how to implement them more broadly on the site,” said Anthony Soohoo, senior vice president and group general manager for Walmart.
The 3D Virtual Tour is part of Walmart's new home experience that launched in February. The company also redesigned its website during that month.
The greater Dayton area has 38 Walmart locations, according to the company’s store locator.
FIVE FAST READS
• Family Video closing 2 area stores, selling movies for as low as $1
• Macy’s to expand pop-up marketplace with new partnership
• Dayton flight to Houston successful; could lead to two flights
• Video game chain GameStop may be up for sale
• UPDATE: Beavercreek shopping center to expand