Streets selected for improvements and reconstruction/repaving include:
- Bonita Drive from Roosevelt Boulevard to Breiel Boulevard.
- Burton Road from Central Avenue to Grand Avenue.
- Calumet Avenue from Yankee Road to end of street.
- Casper Street from Iglehart Street to Charles Street.
- Central Avenue from Carmody Boulevard to Main Street.
- Dorset Drive from McGee Avenue to Grand Avenue.
- Eleventh Avenue from South Main Street to Lincoln Street.
- Elsmere Street from Van Avenue to the end of the street.
- Gladys Drive from Sherman Avenue to Grand Avenue.
- Main Street from First Avenue to Reinartz Boulevard.
- McGee Avenue from McKnight Drive to the end of the street.
- Schirm Drive from Riverview Avenue to the end of the street.
- Sixteenth Avenue from Main Street to Ohio Street.
- Vermont Street from Seventeenth Avenue to the end of the street.
- Antrim Court from Riverview Avenue to the end of street.
- Court Donegal from Riverview Avenue to the end of the street.
- Galway Circle from Riverview Avenue to end of street.
- Helton Drive from Bonita Drive to East Street.
Of those streets scheduled for paving, Public Works/Utilities Director Scott Tadych said Antrim Court, Court Donegal, Galway Circle and Helton Drive will be paved by city street crews out of the city’s Auto & Gas tax funds.
Council will also consider an emergency ordinance for the purchase of a new Bomag Tandem Vibratory Roller to help city street maintenance crews to speed up production and allow a better finish on the pavement, according to city officials.
The new roller would be purchased $117,802 from Southeastern Equipment Company of Monroe through the Ohio Department of Administrative Services cooperative purchasing program.
In his report, Tadych said the city’s current roller is much smaller and would take longer to complete the paving process.
Tadych said the purchase was not budgeted for 2020 but the department has sufficient funds to cover the purchase.
He said the emergency ordinance was requested so the city could purchase the roller before paving starts this spring/summer.