1. Montgomery County Prosecutor Mat Heck announced this week Michaels’ actions were deliberate. Evidence will show she was upset and talked about driving into traffic prior to the crash, the prosecutor said.
2. Michaels was at a bar in Miamisburg that evening and her blood alcohol level was above the legal limit, but her inebriation was not a contributing factor in the crash, according to Heck.
3. The reason investigators say Michaels was upset has not been released. Two days before the crash, her husband had filed for divorce.
4. Though there were three victims, Michaels is charged with six counts of murder. Based on Ohio law, three of the charges relate to the defendant using a deadly weapon (her vehicle), and three of the charges relate to the defendant causing serious physical harm, according to Assistant Prosecutor John Amos.
5. Michaels is scheduled to be arraigned at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. Heck said the state will be asking that bond is set at $1 million.