Police are continuing to investigate the shootings of two juvenile victims on Saturday night in Hamilton.
Hamilton police Sgt. Richard Burkhardt said the shootings of two teen males happened in the 100 block of Becket Street. Names have not been released of the victims, both of whom were taken to area hospitals.
According to the police report, officers were responding to a call of shots fired in the 100 block of Beckett at about 8:39 p.m. They also received a call that a male was lying motionless in the back alley.
MORE: Middletown man fatally shot in Hamilton
The officers found the victim, a 16-year-old boy, in the alley with a gunshot wound. He was taken to Fort Hamilton Hospital and later transferred by medical helicopter to University of Cincinnati Medical Center.
While still at the shooting scene, officers learned that another male, a 15-year-old boy, had arrived a Fort Hamilton Hospital by private vehicle with a gunshot wound, according to the report.
Police say both victims are expected to survive.
The incident is the latest of several notable gun violence cases in Hamilton during 2019.
Earlier this month, a man was shot and killed in the area of 12th and Hanover streets.Brandon York, 30, of the 600 block of Concord Avenue in Middletown, died from a gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at Bethesda Butler Hospital. His death was ruled a homicide by the Butler County Coroner’s Office.
“The information that has been gathered shows that this was not a random act and everyone involved are familiar with each other,” police said in a press release.
MORE: With Hamilton rally, aunt hopes to bring light to unsolved homicide
Detectives served search warrants connected to the case in the city’s North End, including the area of Vine Street, that involved the SWAT team.
The city’s first homicide happened just a few weeks into the January when Londale Harvey is shot and killed at the intersection of Pleasant and Fairview avenues in Lindenwald. Harvey was killed on Jan. 26 while getting into his car after exited a barber shop. His vehicle was riddled with shots.
Hamilton police say the shooting as not random. His homicide remains unsolved.
On June 27, 19-year-old Shon Walker was shot point-blank just after 9 a.m. in the 400 block of East Avenue. His shooting was caught by security cameras at area residents.
MORE: Trial date set for teen charged in fatal Hamilton shooting
Michael Smith Jr., 17, is being tried as an adult, charged with murder and tampering with evidence, for allegedly fatally shooting Walker. His trial is set for Feb. 24.
Two men were sent to prison this year for the 2018 shooting death of 13-year-old Jaraius Gilbert, Jr., a Wilson Middle School student. Following a jury trial in Butler County Common Pleas Court, Kameron Tunstall, 19, was convicted of seven felonies, including Gilbert’s murder. He was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 21 years.
Tunstall conspired with Miquan Hubbard to shoot Gilbert, according to trial evidence.
Prosecutors and police say the shooting of Gilbert and another man who survived was part of an ongoing feud between two sects of the Bloods gang in Hamilton that has included gun violence dating back to a fatal shootout at the former Doubles bar in July 2016.
Hubbard, 19, pleaded guilty in March to murder with a one year gun specification. He was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 16 years.
About the Author