The following is a list of places you can go to cut your own Christmas tree in Butler and Warren counties.
BARN N BUNK
3677 Wayne-Madison Road, Trenton. 513-988-9211
· Types of trees, costs: Fresh cut trees including Fraser fir, Canaan fir and white pine. $20 to $120.
· Extras: Wreaths and roping. Two barns with produce, Amish cheeses, baked goods and crafts. Also, ice cream, deli and candy.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Noon to 5 p.m. Sunday beginning Nov. 23 through Dec. 23.
4427 Cotton Run Road, Hamilton. 513-795-2271
· Types of trees, costs: Fir — $9 per foot; Scotch pine — $35, White Pine — $35; balled and burlapped Blue spruce — $100. Cut-your-own Blue spruce — $9 per foot.
· Extras: Live animal nativity featuring "Precious" the Christmas donkey; two Christmas shops, wreaths and garland made fresh. Local artisan pieces for sale. Balled and burlapped trees for planting after Christmas are also available. Free hot chocolate and cookies.
· Hours: Nov. 23-24 and Dec. 1-2 only. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; noon to 5 p.m. Sundays.
JOHN T. NIEMAN NURSERY
3215 New London Road, Hamilton. 513-738-1012
· Types of trees, costs: Canaan fir, white fir, scotch pine, white pine, blue spruce, Norway spruce up to 20 feet. $20 to $300.
· Extras: Wreaths, swags, arrangements and roping. Complimentary hot chocolate and cookies. Balled and burlapped trees and tree stands also available.
· Hours: Nov. 17 through Dec. 23. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays.
AJ NIEMAN NURSERY
3881 Cincinnati-Brookville Road, Ross. 513-738-1332
· Types of trees, costs: Scotch pine, white pine, Douglas Fir, Canaan fir, Norway spruce, blue spruce and Fraser firs starting at $5 per foot.
· Extras: Blue Spruce up to 9 feet tall.
· Hours: Nov. 23 through Dec. 16. 9 a.m. to dark Saturdays and Sundays.
KOCH CHRISTMAS TREES
6232 Hamilton-Scipio Road, Okeana. 513-593-2735
· Types of trees: Pre-cut Fraser Fir trees from North Carolina; 8- to 9-foot tall Canaan Fir; limited selection of Douglas and Concolor (White) Fir.
· Extras: Hand-made wreaths and tree stands available for purchase. Treats and hot chocolate available. Dogs on leash allowed as long as owners clean-up after their pet.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Also open the Friday after Thanksgiving. Also open during the week by appointment only.
BIG TREE PLANTATION
2544 S. Waynesville Road, Morrow. 513-836-0975
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, Blue spruce, White and Scotch pine $55 and up. Precut Fraser firs and Scotch pine $55 and up. Live container trees $75 and up – Norway spruce, Black Hills spruce, Blue spruce and White pine.
· Extras: Saws, shaking and baling services available. Wagon rides and hot chocolate. Wreaths available, life-size Nativity scene; delivery, set-up and pickup services available.
· Hours: Nov. 23 through Dec. 23. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturdays and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays.
BERNINGER TREES AND WREATHS
1220 Stubbs Mill Road, Lebanon. 513-932-2780.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan firs, $40, Scotch or white pine, $33. Precut Fraser firs $45-$95.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths and garland. All trees shaken and wrapped. Free popcorn and hot chocolate.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays through Sundays, starting Nov. 23.
TIMBERWIND TREE FARM
1566 W. Pekin Road, Lebanon. 937-746-5027
· Types of trees, costs: Cut-your-own trees: $35 White Pine, Scotch Pine, Norway Spruce, and Canaan Fir Christmas Trees from 4-foot and up; pre-cut trees: $50-$95 Fraser Fir from 6-12 feet
· Extras: Antique tractor and wagon rides, free hot chocolate and family photo. Saws provided. Well-behaved dogs are welcome as long as they are leashed.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays through Dec. 21. Also open during the week by appointment only.
WERTZ FAMILY TREE FARM
5682 Union Road, Franklin. 937-746-7870
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, White spruce, Norway and Blue spruce, Scotch Pine, $25 each. Pre-cut Fraser fir and Serbian spruce. $8.50 per foot.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths, saws provided, free hot chocolate; free tree shaking, baling and drilling.
· Hours: 4 to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, noon to 7 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Noon to 7 p.m. Black Friday. Other hours by appointment only.
About the Author