Fire destroys a home in Waynesville

Christmas Eve fire destroys Waynesville-area home 

When crews were dispatched shortly before 4:30 p.m., the tri-level house in the 8500 block of Wilson Road was reportedly engulfed.

>> Family’s Christmas tree untouched after apartment fire in Dayton

A Waynesville fire captain said the fire was started by an unattended electric smoker in the garage.

Everyone made it out, and there were no injuries, the fire captain said.

>> 19-year-old arrested after Wapakoneta apartment building fire that displaces dozens

Two vehicles in the driveway, a Ford Fusion and Ford F-150 also were likely destroyed.

Damage estimates were not immediately available.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to

Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.