— Brian Rihm, a Beavercreek resident who attends Beavercreek High School, has been nominated for West Point.
— Agatha Shafer, a Dayton resident who attends Oakwood High School, has been nominated for the Naval Academy.
— Hunter Johns, who attends Chaminade Julienne High School, has been nominated for the Merchant Marine Academy.
— Jared Weller of Urbana has been nominated for the Merchant Marine Academy
— Grace Keith, who attends Lakota East High School, has been nominated for West Point.
— Sam Price, who attends Monroe High School, has been nominated for the Air Force Academy.
Other nominees live in Maineville, Cincinnati, Franklin and Montgomery.
The nominations are based on the recommendation of a Service Academy Selection Advisory Committee, assembled by Brown. This committee – comprised of former academy graduates, active service members, veterans, parents of academy attendees, and community leaders from throughout the state – conducted rigorous interviews before selecting the final candidates.
5 MILITARY STORIES TO READ
• Why an incoming stealth fighter program could be a 'franchise that goes on forever' for Wright-Patt
• Vets twice as likely to fatally OD – what the Dayton VA is doing about it
• Ohio celebrates Wright Brothers: 'Thanks for the wind, North Carolina'
• 7 things to remember about Wright-Patt false active shooter scenario
• Trump nominates Wright-Patt leaders for appointment