New changes also address the way airmen address their top enlisted leaders. Airmen may address E-8s as "senior" or "sergeant" now, according to the handbook. The handbook defines the enlisted force structure and implements policy. This new handbook replaces the 2009 Air Force rules. View the handbook here.
» UNMATCHED COVERAGE: 10 major updates at Wright-Patt that happened in June
“To all the Seniors who’ve been telling people to stop using Senior, apparently now you’re officially a Senior, Senior,” one airmen commented on Wright’s announcement.
The changes are part of an initiative to address dated amendments.
FIVE FAST READS
• Thunderbirds celebrate milestone year representing US Air Force
• Kroger launches fashion apparel brand
• 5 surprising ways Kroger is changing stores in 2018
• This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house