Some of Butler County’s 10 public school districts have already held their high school senior commencement events, such as Monroe schools, and Mason and Kings high schools in southern Warren County have as well.
But most schools in the county will honor their graduates in public ceremonies this week with seven districts awarding their diplomas and other honors this week.
They are: Lakota East, Lakota West, Fairfield, Hamilton, Ross, New Miami, Edgewood, and Madison High School.
Butler County’s only Catholic high school – Badin in Hamilton – will celebrate their graduating seniors on May 31. Seniors from Middletown Christian High School will graduate on May 24.
And due to a late-starting school year, Middletown High School graduates will be the last to receive their diplomas and applause on June 4 at an outdoor ceremony at Barnitz Stadium.
Middletown Schools opened the 2018-2019 school year on Sept. 4 – later than what is now the usual mid to late August start of classes for most Ohio schools – because of construction of a new Middletown Middle School and renovated high school.
Graduation dates for area high schools are:
• Hamilton High School, Tuesday, May 21
• Ross High School, Wednesday, May 22
• Lakota East High School, Thursday, May 23
• Talawanda High School, Thursday, May 23
• New Miami High School, Thursday, May 23
• Lakota West High School, Friday, May 24
• Madison High School, Friday, May 24
* Middletown Christian High School, Friday, May 24
• Fairfield High School, Saturday, May 25
• Edgewood High School, Saturday, May 25
• Badin High School, Friday, May 31
• Middletown High School, Tuesday, June 4
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.