Liberty Center officially launches its new Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area or DORA this evening with a Sip & Stroll event.
The celebration runs from 6 to 10 p.m. for the DORA at Liberty Center, 7100 Foundry Row, Liberty Twp., which allows patrons at any of the participating establishments to purchase and carry an open alcoholic beverage in a designated plastic cup.
Under the DORA, outdoor drinking is allowed from noon to midnight daily, and there are more than 20 signs telling people where they can and can’t take their adult beverages.
By state law, patrons can’t bring their DORA drinks from one drinking establishment to another.
To help celebrate, the event will feature drink specials, a free movie — “50 First Dates” — in the park, live karaoke with The Chuck Taylors and exclusive deals from:
• FlipSide Liberty
• Kendra Scott (15 percent night of, VIP pre-sale from 4 to 6 p.m. for summer collection. Please call ahead)
• Sorella Boutique (20 percent off excluding already reduced styles)
• HOMAGE Liberty Center (25 percent off the entire store and 30 percent off woman’s)
• Le Macaron (10 percent off on a box of 12)
•Occasionally Yours (20 percent off all drinkware- includes Corkcicle and Vera Bradley)
• Jake’s Toggery (offer 20 percent off Brick Red and White Yeti Drinkware, plus 20 percent off any Rowdy Gentleman tees that involve alcohol)
• sMari Designs 20 percent off
• Buckle (10 percent off Daytrip, Departwest and Buckle Black Jeans)
The Sip & Stroll also will feature a special visits by the The Amazing Giants, Blossim Donuts and Daisy Jane’s Flower Truck.
The event, which will occur rain or shine, also will feature giveaways, games and activities for the whole family.
For more information, visit www.liberty-center.com/dora.
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.