Early Sunday morning, gunfire broke out at the Cameo nightclub in Cincinnati, killing one man and wounding more than a dozen others.
Here are five things we know now about this deadly shooting:
Who are the victims?
The man who died in the shooting has been identified as O’Bryan Spikes, 27, of Cincinnati.
There were 15 other victims wounded by gunfire, including two who are in critical condition. Some victims had already been treated and released from Cincinnati-area hospitals as of Sunday afternoon, according to the Associated Press.
Who are the shooters?
Police now are saying they suspect there were multiple people shooting guns inside Cameo, after initially saying there was a single shooter. No arrests had been made as of Sunday afternoon.
Cincinnati Police Chief Eliot Isaac said it’s unclear how many people fired shots.
How did this happen?
According to the Associated Press, authorities believe a conflict occurred earlier in the day that led to the shooting, city manager Harry Black said. Police do not believe the shooting was terrorism-related.
The club reportedly hires police for extra security, and the club has internal security that uses detection wands and patdowns, though police believe several firearms made it inside the club.
“What we know at this point in the investigation is that several local men got into some type of dispute inside the bar, and it escalated into shots being fired from several individuals,” Isaac said.
What is Cameo?
Cameo Night Club, 4601 Kellogg Ave., is no stranger to gun violence. Gun shots were fired inside the club on New Year’s Day in 2015, and again in the parking lot later that year, according to City Manager Harry Black.
According to the venue’s Facebook page, Cameo Night Club provides “excitement and entertainment to the tri-state. College Friday’s are 18+ catering to the college students and Saturday’s 21+ grown and sexy night.”
State leaders’ reactions
Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Senator Rob Portman expressed their condolences via Twitter this morning.
Kasich tweeted that he was “saddened to learn about last night’s shooting” and that he was offering the state’s assistance.
Portman said he and his wife extend their “thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families of this horrific tragedy,” and thanked first responders for “acting quickly and providing critical care for those at the scene.”