50-60 displaced after overnight fire at Budget Inn in Fairfield
The fire broke out due to a short circuit in the building’s main power supply, causing sparks, flames and smoke to erupt, according to the Fairfield Fire Department. The fire did not breach the building, but until power is restored, fire officials said it’s uninhabitable.
Budget Inn owner Ila Desai told our news partner, WCPO-TV, she “was nervous” when the fire broke out.
“I was worried about the people who were in the building,” she said.
Until power is restored, the Budget Inn will remain closed.
“They said they’d fix it right and that it won’t happen again because a lot of peoples’ lives are at stake,” Desai told WCPO.
Desai said customers are able to come back to the hotel to collect belongings in their rooms.