2 indicted in death of Fairfield man found in apartment by roommate

Mayra Yolanda Diaz, left, and Wiley L. Foster Jr.  BUTLER COUNTY JAIL
Mayra Yolanda Diaz, left, and Wiley L. Foster Jr. BUTLER COUNTY JAIL

Two people have been indicted in the March shooting death of a man in his Fairfield residence.

Wiley L. Foster Jr., 29, and Mayra Y. Diaz, 21, both of the 7000 block of Fourth Street in West Chester Twp., have been charged with murder, an unclassified felony, and other felony charges.

Both appeared Friday in Butler County Common Pleas Court, where Judge Jennifer Muench-McElfresh set bond for each at $1 million cash or surety. They have been in the Butler County Jail since they were booked on July 17. Both will be arraigned at 1 p.m. July 30 in Butler County Common Pleas Court.

Diaz is also being held under a federal detainer by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Explore2 arrested in March homicide in Fairfield

In addition to the murder charge they are facing, the grand jury returned indictments against both for two counts of aggravated burglary, two counts of aggravated robbery and one count of tampering with evidence.

ExploreReport: Fairfield homicide victim was shot in the head at close range

Fairfield police said Domingo Francisco, 38, was found dead by his roommate at 8:15 p.m. on March 13 in his apartment at the Fairfield Pointe complex. He has been shot at close range, according to the Butler County Coroner’s Office report.

More than a month later, police issued a press release saying they were looking for a man they called an acquaintance who was with Francisco at Bargos, a bar at the corner of Dixie Highway and Mack Road, before his death.

Francisco died of a gunshot wound to the head, according to Dr. Russell Uptegrove, the forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy. Soot was found on Francisco’s nose and cheek from the gunshot. There were also two abrasions on his right upper arm.

Francisco’s roommate, who also lives with his wife in the apartment, entered his room after Francisco’s brother said he hadn’t been able to reach him. The roommate then called 911.