Voter Guide: Warren County Educational Service Center Board Member

Credit: HANDOUT

Credit: HANDOUT

The Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun and Journal-News invited local candidates to fill out the following questionnaire to inform readers.

VOTE FOR 3:

Fred M. Anness

No response

Nona Cress

No response

Jiles Farley

No response

Joia Franks

City: Maineville

Education: U.C., Associate’s degree, early childhood education

Current Employment: Homemaker, wife and homeschooling mother

Community Involvement: None recently

Why are you seeking elected office? My goal is to support the families of the schools. Parents must be involved in children’s education. Curriculum in our schools should focus on education. Parents make the best medical choices for their children. We should be supporting children and their parents making it easier for them, not harder.

Why should voters elect you? I have a background in early childhood education. I believe that education starts at home. Parents must be involved with their children’s education. That is just one of several reasons why I am running for the Educational Service Center Board. I am opposed to critical race theory. It is a divisive ideology. It is indoctrination, not education. We need to be teaching our children how to think, not what to think. I also believe that parents make the best medical choices for their children and we should support our families in doing that! I support responsible financial decisions -- I pay taxes, too! The goal, ultimately, for any school board is to support the families of the schools, and that is what I believe that I can offer.

If elected, what will be your top three priorities? My top priorities would be to promote curricula that is free of critical race theory, support parental choice particularly in regards to medical decisions, and to encourage responsible financial choices.

What specific plans do you have to address those top priorities? If elected, I would do my best to offer solutions and options that support parents and schools. I will do the best I can to incorporate these goals to improve the districts through opportunities that arise to make changes.

Anything else? I am a Christian, wife and homeschooling mother of three wonderful children. My husband is an incident meteorologist (classified as an emergency firefighter at the scene), and we have lived in Warren County for 18 years. I have a background in early childhood education. I believe that education starts at home. Parents must be involved with their children’s education. That is just one of several reasons why I am running for the Educational Service Center Board. I am opposed to critical race theory. It is a divisive ideology. It is indoctrination, not education. We need to be teaching our children how to think, not what to think. I also believe that parents make the best medical choices for their children and we should support our families in doing that! I support responsible financial decisions -- I pay taxes too! The goal, ultimately, for any school board is to support the families of the schools, and that is what I believe that I can offer.