» TRENDING BUSINESS NEWS: Bankruptcy next? Bon-Ton Stores Inc. enters into forbearance agreement
Retailers that announced store closures or bankruptcies in 2017 include: Charming Charlie, The Limited, Gymboree, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Wet Seal, RadioShack, hhgregg, Gander Mountain, MC Sports, Aerosoles, Payless, Kmart and Sears. Other retailers that closed stores this year include: J.Crew, Vitamin World, Gap, Perfumania, Teavana, True Religion, Michael Kors, Bebe Stores, Rue21, Abercrombie & Fitch, Guess, Crocs and Family Christian.
There are about 15 retailers that are at a higher risk of filing for bankruptcy this year, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. Some of the major retailers that are at risk include: The Bon-Ton Stores, Bebe Stores Inc., Stein Mart Inc., Sears Holdings, Sun Pacific Holding Corp., and Burlington Stores Inc.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Gander Mountain stores to reopen under new name
• Walmart reportedly cutting more than 1,000 jobs
• German grocery chain Lidl halts plans to open local store
• Bitcoin prices are plunging. What's really going on with cryptocurrency?
• Grand opening date set for At Home store in Beavercreek