More than 2.6 million people were employed by the industry in 2016 as well.
» RELATED:Pies recalled at Kroger stores in Ohio
“Across the Kroger family of companies, we are committed to creating business opportunities for women-and-minority-owned businesses,” said Reuben Shaffer, Kroger’s chief diversity officer. “We are especially honored by this recognition because it is directly selected by diversity business owners in the U.S.”
The ranking showcases the top 50 corporate buyers of multicultural products and services throughout the U.S. Kroger has locations across the Dayton, Springfield and Cincinnati areas. A new Kroger is set to open by late May or early June in Centerville.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS:
• 2 local sporting goods stores to be impacted by bankruptcy
• 5 things to know about Ohio stores closing in 2017
• Restaurant outlook: People not going out to eat as much
• Video games industry generate $43M in Ohio
• Wendy's going to smaller chickens for better flavor