Waiting in the check-out line at the grocery won’t be boring anymore.
Dorothy Lane Market in Centerville has added a new “media-rich digital signage” that connects to social media platforms. The 10 digital screens — or the SNS Wall — are positioned in a mosaic-like pattern near the front end of Dorothy Lane, and displays content from Dorothy Lane’s Instagram feed. The SNS Wall updates content in real-time. The technology is being developed by Fairfield-based CIP Retail, which designs and manufactures interior decor for retail environments.
» TRENDING BUSINESS NEWS: Local golf course to close if not sold to new owners
“In addition to spotlighting our Instagram feed, we’re also experimenting with how to incorporate specific hashtags during special promotions, including integrating some user-generated content from DLM customers,” said Patrick Arnold, vice president of DLM IT & marketing. “They’re incredibly savvy in how they showcase food from our stores on Instagram.”
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Move over, bitcoin. GE researching blockchain technology
• Elder-Beerman parent company says 60+ stores could close under plan
• Kroger reportedly had development talks with Alibaba
• German grocery chain Lidl halts plans to open local store
• Bitcoin prices are plunging. What's really going on with cryptocurrency?
About the Author