The investments helped to establish five new plants in Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina and Indiana — totaling about two million square feet of new manufacturing floor space is being created.
» RELATED: GE Aviation lands big business deal with South Korea
The company is a leader in advancing additive manufacturing, and has created an “Additive Development Center” in northern Cincinnati. GE Aviation employs 44,6000 employees at 85 sites worldwide, 25,000 of those are U.S. employees.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS:
• 2 local sporting goods stores to be impacted by bankruptcy
• 5 things to know about Ohio stores closing in 2017
• Restaurant outlook: People not going out to eat as much
• Video games industry generate $43M in Ohio
• Wendy's going to smaller chickens for better flavor