2. Amazon to build another fulfillment center in Ohio
The online retailer announced plans to open its fifth Ohio fulfillment center in Euclid, which will create more than 1,000 full-time positions. The company also recently announced upcoming fulfillment centers in Monroe and North Randall, and it currently operates fulfillment centers in Etna and Obetz. LEARN MORE
3. Amazon’s growing presence in Southwest Ohio: What’s really going on?
Online giant Amazon is expanding rapidly in Southwest Ohio with a new fulfillment center set to open in Monroe — and Dayton and Cincinnati officials want the company to have an even bigger presence in the region. LEARN MORE
4. Not at home? Amazon wants to come in and drop off packages
Don’t want Amazon boxes sitting on the porch? The company hopes you’ll let a stranger inside to drop them off.
Amazon said Wednesday it'll launch a service called Amazon Key next month that will let people allow the door to be unlocked when they're not there so packages can be left inside. READ MORE HERE
5. Amazon could enter drug distribution trade: Ohio not among states, yet
Amazon has been picking up licenses around the U.S. to be a wholesale pharmaceutical distributor. The Seattle-based giant that's been rapidly branching beyond its e-commerce business and into other industries and it now could be setting the stage to enter the pharmacy wholesale business. READ ON
6. UD, WSU, Sinclair and Clark State pledge to partner with Amazon
Four local colleges and universities have pledged to partner with Amazon as part of a regional effort to try to convince the company to build its second headquarters in southwest Ohio, according to documents obtained by the Dayton Daily News. READ MORE HERE
7. Dayton, Cincy team up to lure Amazon’s $5B headquarters
Dayton's and Cincinnati's applications to Amazon will emphasize the "uber region" that sits between the two cities and how how the combined Dayton-Cincinnati area is the 15th largest region in the United States, said Shelley Dickstein, Dayton city manager. READ MORE
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Robots have invaded Walmart: 5 things you need to know
• Miamisburg company to close facility, lay off 54 workers
• Major changes are happening at local airports: What’s really going on?
• Target to offer free online shipping in November on all orders
• Meijer, Whole Foods issue recalls: 5 things to know about Ohio impact