Anderson recently added Duke and Pittsburgh to his long list of schools to offer scholarships.
Gavin Gerhardt, an offensive lineman from Xenia, is the area’s No. 5 prospect and a University of Cincinnati verbal commitment.
He is followed by Springfield running back Jeffrey Tolliver and Lakota West running back David Afari.
>>RELATED: 2018 Cox Media Group All-Area teams, coaches
Springfield safety Dayveon Bates is the No. 8 prospect in the area followed by teammate Tayveon Smoot, a 235-pound running back for the Wildcats.
Paris Johnson, a five-star offensive lineman from Cincinnati St. Xavier, is the top-rated prospect in Ohio for 2020 and an Ohio State verbal commit.
He is not the only Greater Catholic League offensive linemen already planning to be a Buckeye.
Jakob James of Elder gave his pledge to Ohio State earlier this month.
Top-rated CMG Ohio-area recruits for 2020 (late January)
1. Jutahn McClain, running back, Fairfield
2. Daved Jones, linebacker, Lakota West
3. Sammy Anderson, defensive back, Trotwood-Madison
4. Gavin Gerhardt, offensive lineman, Xenia
5. Jeffrey Tolliver, running back, Springfield
6. David Afari, running back, Lakota West
7. Dayveon Bates, defensive back, Springfield
8. Tayveon Smoot, running back, Springfield