Applications can be submitted here beginning today, Friday, April 3.
The qualifications are as followed:
- Completed application form
- Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours total per week, can be multiple restaurants)
- Employed for three months or longer at the same location
- Worked in a restaurant, bar, cafe or nightclub located in: (Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont)
- Submit the last two full-time (30 hour) pay stubs
There are an estimated one million restaurants workers in the the nation, the press release says.
Ohio and officials from several other states have closed restaurants to dine-in serving to helps stop the spread of the virus.
>> Coronavirus: Ohio orders restaurants, bars to close; carry-out and delivery still permitted
This has left many restaurant and bar workers without jobs.
According to the press release, $2 million is in the fund for the 20 states involved.
“We stand with and want to extend a toast to the restaurant workers who have had our backs for so many years, from serving our favorite beers to celebrating life’s precious moments with us,” the release says.
Sam Adams’ closest taproom to the Miami Valley is at 1727 Logan St. in Cincinnati.
Additional information can be found at restaurantstrong.org/