Three people are charged in connection to what prosecutors and police described as a severe case of child abuse involving a 10-year-old boy who died Dec. 13.
Takoda Collins died at Dayton Children’s Hospital.
According to public records obtained by the Dayton Daily News and News Center 7, reporting of possible child abuse at the home where Collins lived dates back to May 2018.
- May 11, 2018: Dayton Public Schools worker and Montgomery County Children's Services request welfare check on Takoda Collins. Police respond to Kensington Drive house and get no answer at the door.
- May 14, 2019: Takoda's mother Robin Collins calls police telling them she believes Takoda is being abused by his father Al McLean. Police respond and dispatch records showed they believed Takoda was being cared for.
- Dec. 13, 2019: Takoda's father Al McLean calls police saying he found Takoda unresponsive at the Kensington Drive address. Takoda is taken to Dayton Children's Hospital, where he is pronounced dead.
- Dec. 13, 2019: Al McLean arrested by police for child endangering involving Takoda.
- Dec. 16, 2019: Dayton police serve search warrant at Kensington Drive house, locating several items they believe were involved in child abuse.
- Dec. 20, 2019: Dayton police arrest Amanda Hinze and Jennifer Ebert at the Kensington Drive address. Both are charged in connection to the child abuse investigation involving Takoda.