Pets rescued in Preble County fire, cigarette possibly blamed

A cigarette in a couch may be to blame for a fire that has forced a Preble County family to find another place to live, firefighters said

The fire was reported in the 7200 block of West Elkton Gifford Road around 9:45 a.m.

Explore>> $2 million bond for homeowner accused of killing two teens in garage

Smoke was coming from the house when firefighters pulled up to it.

West Elkton-Gratis Twp. Fire Chief Michael Roberts said the fire caused a lot of damage to the living room and the rest of the house had smoke damage throughout.

Firefighters had not determined a dollar amount for the damage.

About the Author