The Dayton police officers who engaged a shooter in the Oregon District early Sunday morning have been identified.
Video above shows the officers stop the suspect moments before he would have entered Ned Peppers Bar.
The six officers are:
- Sgt. William C. Knight, sworn in Feb. 14, 1997
- Officer Brian Rolfes, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer Jeremy Campbell, sworn in Aug. 5, 2016
- Officer Vincent Carter, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer Ryan Nabel, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer David Denlinger, sworn in April 8, 2016
It is not known which officer shot and killed the suspected shooter, Connor Betts, 24 of Bellbrook.
All the officers are on administrative leave, which is protocol for officer-involved shootings.
Nine people were killed during the incident and 27 were injured.
In Other News
Shortage of liquid albuterol continues to impact area patients...
Ohio State University student dies over spring break
RECALL: Organic strawberries sold at ALDI, Trader Joe’s linked to...
Sunshine Week: 12 examples of how we use public records to show what’s...
John Jakes, famous Kettering author of American Bicentennial series...
About the Author