Chief: Woman transported from Monroe business did not have chemical burns

ajc.com
Caption
.

UPDATED @ 7:30 a.m.

Liberty Twp. Fire Chief Ethan Klussman reports the 50-year-old woman his crews transported to West Chester Hospital did not appear to have any actual burns after she was injured in a work accident Monday afternoon.

“Liberty Township Fire Department transported a 50-year-old female with prolonged exposure to steam from an industrial press machine. The steam being discharged may have had an unknown type of chemical mixed in it that caused redness and irritation to the patients eyes and face,” Klussman said. “Our crews did not notice any actual burns to the female’s eyes or face.”

The company also released this statement about the incident.

"The incident in our plant on Monday was a result of an allergic reaction to material used in standard operations. Because each team member's safety is our utmost priority, we took proactive precautions and coordinated immediate care and treatment,” said Chris Hicks, plant manager for UGN Monroe.

INITIAL REPORT, April 8

A 50-year-old woman was transported to a local hospital after a report she suffered chemical burns to her face, according to dispatch radio traffic.

A Liberty Twp. ambulance responded to UGN Inc., 201 Exploration Drive, for the call dispatched at 2:28 p.m. today. The woman was transported to West Chester Hospital.

UGN is on the east side of Interstate 75 near Cincinnati Premium Outlets and opened in 2015. It is an automotive pats manufacturer.

We’ll continue to update this story as we learn more.

About the Authors