Outbursts inside, outside courtroom as Butler County babysitter charged in toddler’s death makes appearance

Emotions ignited Monday inside and outside a Butler County courtroom for the second court appearance of a woman accused of fatally assaulting a toddler in her care.

Lindsay Partin, 36, of Hanover Twp. was indicted by a Butler County grand jury last month on new charges of murder, four counts of felony endangering children, and involuntary manslaughter after 3-year-old Hannah Wesche died.

Before the case was called, there was a clash of cursing and screaming outside the court between Partin’s family and family and supporters of the toddler. A defense attorney defused the incident.

When Partin’s case was called, Jason Wesche, Hannah’s father, along with about 10 supporters entered the courtroom wearing bright blue T-shirts that read: “God’s Angel #forever3” referring to the girl and her age.

Partin’s attorney, Melynda Cook Howard, entered a not guilty plea to all the new counts in the indictment.

MORE: Babysitter accused of assaulting toddler free on bond

As the hearing ended, an emotional member of the toddler’s supporters yelled, “A murderer just got out on bail!” and another shouted “Murderer!” at Partin as she walked away from the podium.

On Monday, Judge Greg Stephens continued the $75,000 bond he originally set, noting that bond is to assure appearance in court, not a punishment.

Partin has been free since her original charges of felonious assault and child endangering.

“I don’t know why a judge doesn’t want a bigger bond for a murder case. It just doesn’t make sense,”Jason Wesche told this news outlet after the hearing.

“I thought maybe something would change,” he said.

Stephens also said he has set a number of restrictions on Partin through the probation department and she has been compliant.

Partin’s attorney declined comment after the hearing.

At about 7 a.m. March 8, Hanover Twp. emergency crews and Butler County sheriff’s deputies responded to Partin’s residence for an unconscious child. They found Hannah unresponsive with labored breathing, according to the sheriff’s office. There were also obvious bruises about her head and face.

Hannah was taken by medical helicopter to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. After further investigation, detectives and hospital personnel noted additional bruising on the child’s body.

Partin, who was Hannah’s babysitter, admitted to striking the child and stated the girl had fallen and struck her head on a concrete garage floor the previous day, according to police reports.

Partin is scheduled to be back in court May 7 for a pre-trial hearing.

About the Author