Crothall Healthcare at Cincinnati Children’s, which provides all support services for Cincinnati Children’s, is looking to hire.
It has nearly 500 associates, 50 of whom are at the Cincinnati Children’s Liberty Campus at 7777 Yankee Road in Liberty Twp.
Hiring is underway for floor technicians and housekeepers for second and third shifts, which start at $12.75 an hour.
“We have had some associates move on to Children’s positions, some have graduated and are moving on to careers in their field, and others have had attendance issues,” said Karen Brunsman, senior human resources generalist for Crothall Health.
We asked Brunsman several questions about Crothall Healthcare at Cincinnati Children’sand its hiring efforts. Here is what she had to say:
Q: Some job seekers are concerned about the limits of advancement within a company. To what degree can your company’s employees advance from entry-level roles to become team leaders and department managers?
A: Eighty-five percent of our management positions come from within our frontline staff. Crothall at Cincinnati Children’s is a premier account and provides national Manager in Training programs, Frontline elevate, and many opportunities for career advancement. We have seen huge growth in the Cincinnati market and continue to recruit from within.”
Q: What’s the biggest challenge facing Cincinnati Children’s and others in its industry and how is CCHMC uniquely positioned to address that challenge?
A: “We have recently raised our starting wage to better compete with those in the area. Crothall also offers full time positions with benefits.”
Q: What’s the most prevalent roadblock Children’s has encountered when it comes to hiring and what can job seekers do to remedy that situation?
A: “Crothall seeks to find the right candidate the first time. Candidates should seek out jobs at organizations they are passionate about.”
Other hiring events this week at OhioMeans-Jobs Butler County include:
• Graceworks Enhanced Living 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday. Several immediate openings for direct care workers.
• Realizing Every Dream, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Hiring direct care staff.
• Dairy Queen, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday. Several immediate openings for grill operators, ice cream makers, and front counter/hostess with pay starting at $9 an hour for their new Liberty Twp. locations.
• LeSaint Logistics, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday. Several openings for national account managers.
• Fifth Third Bank, 9 a.m. to noon June 4. Looking for professionals for retail, operations, call center and vault.
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.