‘Cheated out of years,’ says family of man whose remains found in woods

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Hiker finds human remains in Butler County

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

While the past year has been difficult not knowing what happened to her brother, notification of his death doesn’t bring Natasha Bach much closure.

The Butler County Coroner’s Office on Thursday identified human remains found in a wooded area along Sipps Lane near New Miami as those of David ‘Bub’ Eversole, Bach’s brother.

“I feel like I have been cheated out of a lot of years with my brother,” Bach said.

MORE: Remains found in Butler County woods identified

Foul play is not suspected in Eversole’s death.

“The preliminary investigation does not appear that foul play is a factor in this incident. We will continue this investigation to confirm that,” Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones said.

MORE: Hiker describes finding ‘half a body’ in Butler County woods

Eversole, 35, of Hamilton, was reported missing in April 2016. His identification was confirmed Thursday by the coroner’s office through dental records.

Bach described her half brother as a jokester who had had some difficulties before he went missing on April 14, 2016.

“He was outgoing and very carrying,” Bach said.

After her brother went missing, Bach made missing person posters that included her phone number in the hopes she would get information about her brother’s whereabouts.

“Believe it or not, no one called,” she said.

Butler County Sheriff’s detectives followed up on one lead, she said, but it led nowhere.

“The last we knew, he got up, put his clothes on and left for the day. We never heard from him again,” Bach said.

Eversole’s mother, Violet Taylor, reported her son missing on April 18, according to the sheriff’s office report. Taylor said she had not heard from Eversole since the morning of April 14, when he said he was heading out to court in Hamilton.

MORE: Butler County’s 3 most notorious missing persons cases

Taylor said it was unusual for him not to contact family members. Eversole’s cell phone pinged at 9:24 p.m. on a tower on Riverside Drive in the New Miami area, according to the report.

Taylor told police Eversole had attempted suicide in the past and had been displaying possible mental health issues.

According to court records, Eversole was scheduled to be in court for a hearing on a drug charge on April 14.

The case remains under investigation by the coroner’s office and the Butler County Sheriff’s Department.

ExploreDownload the free Journal-News app, Butler County’s #1 source for local news