WHAT TO EXPECT
The Day Out With Thomas tour is on its 23rd year and will be making 42 stops across the U.S. The tour is for “little engineers” to join Thomas and his friends for a day of big adventures.
In addition to taking a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine, star of the popular Thomas & Friends series, attendees will meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway and enjoy a day of Thomas-themed activities including crafts, photo ops, and more.
Unique to the 2018 tour stop in Lebanon is a straw bale maze, bounce castles, portable mini golf, model train displays, balloon artists, the ability to visit with Sir Topham Hatt, and Thomas Wooden Railway™ train tables.
>> JUST IN: Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers confirms new location by The Greene to open this fall
Annually, about 12,000 to 14,000 people attend the “Day Out with Thomas” events over the course of two weekends.
“Kids love Thomas. It’s been a very popular children’s television show for decades. The live event gives those kids a chance to see Thomas in real life, and the expressions on their faces when they turn the corner, and Thomas is sitting there, or when Thomas is pulling in or out of the station is priceless,” Gawin said.
For complete information and to purchase tickets, visit lebanonrr.com.
>> 10 ideas for family fun in Southwest Ohio this summer
Top 5 reasons not to miss a “Day Out with Thomas”
1. It’s unique. There are very few places where you can ride a real, working, vintage train, let alone a real, working, vintage train that features Thomas the Tank Engine. Lebanon is only one of two locations in Ohio where that’s possible.
2. It’s a family-focused event, and there aren’t many festival-type events that are dedicated exclusively to families with young children.
3. LM&M Railroad is just a short drive away in Lebanon. The station is less than an hour away from Cincinnati, Dayton, Hamilton, Middletown or Washington Courthouse – and it’s an easy drive into town.
4. It’s an event the whole family will enjoy, even though it’s geared toward children. Parents, grandparents, older brothers and sisters can all appreciate the experience of being able to ride a vintage train. Everyone can participate in many of the other activities as well.
5. With an outstanding annual event like this – it’s good to go before your kids grow up.
WANT TO GO?
What: Day Out with Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2018
When: Aug. 11, 12, 18 & 19. Rides depart every 45 minutes. Departure times run from 9:15 a.m.- 3:45 p.m., each day of the event.
Where: LM&M Railroad, 127 S. Mechanic St., Lebanon
Admission: All tickets are $19 for ages 2 and up. There are group and military discounts available. (Plus online ticketing fees.) Advance purchase is recommended.
More info.: www.lebanonrr.com | Facebook.
Call (513) 933-8022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All ages. Arrive at least one-hour early. Rain or shine.