OK bacon, you had us at “bacon.”
The crispy (or chewy), salty scrumptious meat has the Miami Valley’s attention based on the response to the event on Facebook.
More than 23,000 people have expressed interest in the sixth annual event set for 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18 at Fraze Pavilion, 695 Lincoln Park Boulevard, Kettering.
Miami Valley Restaurant Association Executive Director Amy Zahora does not expect 23,000 people will actually make it to the event — interest often does not equate to attendance when it comes to Facebook events — but she is expecting a bacon-tastic day at the festival organized by the Restaurant Raiders, a Dayton area “foodie” group.
“People, they love their bacon and they are serious about their bacon,” Zahora said.
The event challenges restaurants to provide innovative and tried-and-true recipes featuring bacon.
About 1,000 people have indicated they are going to Bacon Fest on its Facebook event page.
Zahora said the festival has helped restaurants win new customers. Many of the items featured at past Bacon Fest events have found their way onto local menus.
“It’s made us realize how many people really like bacon,” she added.
A dozen restaurants will participate in this year’s festival.
There will be free music in Lincoln Park from Cherry Avenue at 3 p.m.; The Fries at 5:30 p.m. and Fu5ion at 8 p.m.
Festival-goers are encouraged to bring their lawn chairs. Neither coolers nor pets are permitted.
Menus include the following (items are subject to change):
• Bacon Cheddar Pierogies, 2 for $4
• White cheddar Applewood smoked bacon Mac & cheese, $4
• Applewood smoked bacon cheddar French fries, $6 Large
• Jalapeno bacon carnitas nachos, $8
• Bacon wrapped chili hot dogs (with cheese and onions), $6
• Bacon wrapped peanut butter and jelly hot dogs, $6
• Bacon wrapped hot dogs, $3
• Bacon and smoked Gouda mac and cheese, $5
• Pulled pork tacos with bacon slaw, $5 each
• Buffalo wings, $5 for six
• BBQ corn on the cob, $3
• Corn on cobb with bacon garlic butter, $3
• Smothered bacon and Gouda French fries, $5
•"Top Dog" hot dog loaded with bacon and cheese sauce with chips, $5
• Garlic Parm Wings, $5 for six
• Bacon Pound Cake: citrus bacon pound cake, bacon & tomato jam, $3
• “Chicken & Waffles”: waffle fries, Cotswold cheese fondue, shredded chicken and crumbled smoked bacon, $3
• Country green beans: sautéed green beans, red onions & smoked bacon, $2
• Bacon wrapped crab balls with lobster sherry sauce
• Salmon BLT taco with smoked bacon Aioli
• Cheesy Bacon Fries
•Bacon cheesecake with chocolate ganache
• Maple Glazed Bacon Donuts
• Chicken or beef and bacon nachos: homemade corn chips smothered with shredded chicken, bacon, caramelized onion, salsa and queso blanco, $7
• Bacon Burger Bomb Empanadas: filled with bacon, beef, cheese and potato, $4
• Cracked Out Tot-Chos: with bacon, queso blanco, shredded cheese and salsa, $7
• Chicken and bacon bowls: chicken, Rice, beans, lettuce, sour cream, cheese and salsa, $8
• Chicken taco: lettuce, rice, cheese, sour cream and salsa, $4 each or two for $7
• Fish taco: mango salsa, sour cream and bacon, $5 each or two for $9
• Arepa: sweet corn cakes with melted cheese and bacon, $6
• Bacon guacamole and chips, $7
• Bourbon bacon brittle, $5
• Churros, three for $5 or three for $7 with bacon
• Meatlover's Pizza, $5
• Bacon meatball burger, $5
• Loaded bacon roasted potatoes, $4
• Garlic Parmesan corn on the cob, $3
• Strawberry Cannoli cone, $4
• Bacon lasagna, $4
• Bacon pizza slice, $3
• Whole pies available to go for $15
• Five different Sundaes and four different Gelato options, $5 each
• Small dish of frozen custard or Italian ice, $3 each
• Sweetened Bacon Bits can be added to any item.
• Bacon stuffed garlic toast grilled cheese, $6
• Garlic Toast Grilled Cheese (GTGC), $3
• Assorted chips, $1
• Chocolate covered bacon, $3 each
• Strawberry Bacon Dream Cake, $6
WANT TO GO?
What: Bacon Fest 2018
When: 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18
Where: Fraze Pavilion, 695 Lincoln Park Blvd., Kettering
Cost: Admission is free