Other show highlights are:
• Makes and models from several dozen manufacturers. Vehicles drawing attention at the show, are the 2019 Subaru Ascent, Honda Civic Type R and the Cadillac ATS-V Championship Edition. Purchase of the Caddy includes two days of all-inclusive instruction at the V Series Academy in Nevada, according to Voss Cadillac. This is a limited-edition Cadillac – only 200 were made world-wide.
• The Toyota Drive Center feature vehicles for test-driving around downtown Dayton. The following may be available to drive, subject to change: the first-ever C-HR, the all-new Camry, RAV4 and Highlander.
• FCA Drive Experience, featuring the Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Charger, Jeep Compass, Ram 1500 Crew and Fiat 500x
• Special entertainment attractions for kids, including animals from Wild Hearts African Farm and Petting Zoo, Matt the Balloon Guy and Face Doodles by Jen
• Dayton Dragons booth Feb. 24-25. Attendees can stop by for a chance to win a VIP Dayton Dragons prize pack that will include four stadium seats, pre-game tour, four Dragons hats and T-shirts. Heater and Gem will make several appearances Feb. 24-25.
• Identifying makes and models of vehicles featured in various photos during a photo scavenger hunt will give attendees the chance to win a 55-inch Samsung UHD TV. A “selfie” social media contest throughout the show also will reward participants will gas cards.
“The 2018 Dayton Auto Show is really the best place to see and test all the new vehicles; we are fresh off the Detroit and Toledo auto shows,” Danison said. “It’s a great opportunity to see how individual needs and preferences mesh with the vehicle. Plus it’s a no-pressure environment because no vehicles can be sold at the show.”
The event is presented by the Dayton Area Auto Dealers Association. Show sponsors are the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun, Miami Valley Chevy Dealers and Dayton Area Toyota Dealers.
HOW TO GO TO THE 2018 DAYTON AUTO SHOW
Now through Feb. 25, Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St.
Feb. 23, Noon-9 p.m.
Feb. 24, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Feb. 25, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
ADMISSION: $8 for adults at the door, $6 online at https://www.tix123.com/tix123/eTic.cfm?code=DAS18. Children ages 9 and younger are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
DISCOUNTS: Feb. 23 – Military Appreciation Day, all with military ID will gain free entry; Seniors, age 65-plus, $6 at door. Student discount with student ID, $6 at door
PARKING: Available in the Transportation Center garage, one block east of the Dayton Convention Center on Fifth and Jefferson streets. There is a covered skywalk on Level 1 that will bring you to the third floor at the Dayton Convention Center facility. Daily rates are $2/hour or part hour with a $6 maximum.
INFORMATION: DaytonAutoShow.com; Facebook: Facebook.com/DaytonAutoShow; Twitter: @DaytonAutoShow; Instagram: @DaytonAutoShow