Teavana has closed at The Greene Town Center in Beavercreek.
» ALSO TODAY: The Greene evicts one of its own restaurants
Starbucks, which owns and operates the Teavana brand, announced last year that it would close all 379 locations, due to “persistently underperforming” stores. All 379 stores will close within the coming year, with the majority closing by spring 2018.
» TRENDING BUSINESS NEWS: LIST: Bon-Ton announces store closing locations
LIST: Bon-Ton announces store closing locations - NO local stores are impacted by this round of closures: https://t.co/jeeVKT58FY @WHIORadio— Kara Driscoll (@KaraDDriscoll) February 1, 2018
A new tenant has already been found to fill the vacancy. Steve Willshaw, general manager of The Greene, said the closure of local Teavana store was timed up to coincide with the signing of the new tenant. Willshaw said the tenant will be announced next week.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Move over, bitcoin. GE researching blockchain technology
• Elder-Beerman parent company says 60+ stores could close under plan
• Kroger reportedly had development talks with Alibaba
• German grocery chain Lidl halts plans to open local store
• Bitcoin prices are plunging. What's really going on with cryptocurrency?
About the Author