Earlier this month, emergency crews found a man administering CPR to an unconscious woman who lay on a bathroom floor in a home on Brookview Court.
Responding medics took over administering CPR, and gave Narcan to the woman who was suspected of overdosing. Narcan, also known as naloxone, rapidly reverses the effects of opioids.
First responders were dispatched at 4:30 p.m. April 20.
The woman began breathing but remained unconscious. She was transported to McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital. The woman was not identified in the report as no charges had been filed at the time.
The man told the officer he briefly left the residence to buy cigarettes. When he returned, his brother asked if he was making coffee because he could hear water running. The man realized running water was from the bathtub water running but the woman did not respond after he knocked on the door.
He went in and found her unconscious in the bathtub lying face down and unresponsive. The man and his brother pulled her out of the tub, started CPR and called 911. The man said he was aware she had a drug problem and suspected a heroin overdose, according to police.
Officers did not find any paraphernalia.
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.