The Dayton police officers who engaged a shooter in the Oregon District early Sunday morning have been identified.
Video shows the officers stopping the suspect moments before he would have entered Ned Pepper's bar.
The six officers are:
- Sgt. William C. Knight, sworn in Feb. 14, 1997
- Officer Brian Rolfes, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer Jeremy Campbell, sworn in Aug. 5, 2016
- Officer Vincent Carter, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer Ryan Nabel, sworn in April 8, 2016
- Officer David Denlinger, sworn in April 8, 2016
It is not known which officer shot and killed the suspected shooter, identified as Connor Betts 24, of Bellbrook.
All the officers are on administrative leave, which is protocol for officer-involved shootings.
Nine people were killed during the incident and 27 were injured.
In Other News
Transgender adults in Florida `blindsided' that new law also limits...
Slow start to New York's legal pot market leaves farmers holding the...
Carlos Alcaraz likes to watch replays of his best shots, faces Stefanos...
Ukrainian father rushes home after Russian airstrike to find 2-year-old...
Saudi Arabia is slashing oil supply. It could mean higher gas prices...
About the Author