In a news conference on Friday, Dominican authorities identified Gomez as one of the people responsible for orchestrating the attack that seriously injured the former Red Sox slugger.
More than 10 other people have been arrested on charges connected to the shooting.
Dominican Republic Attorney General Alain Rodríguez told reporters earlier this month that Ortiz was not the target of the June 9 shooting. Rather, Rodríguez said, the target was a man who was dressed similarly to Ortiz and seated next to him on the night of the attack.
Ortiz was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston after the shooting. He has since been moved out of the intensive care unit. He remains in good condition and continues to recover.
The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.